I was so surprised and delighted to see I was nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by Trina’s North Germany. I look at fashion, style, art, cooking, news, and other types of blogs that are so amazingly focused on one topic that I sometimes worry that I am blogging wrong. Versatile is definitely the word that would describe my array of topics. I have written on my favorite soap opera, my pets, my family, guns, lifestyle, health, national and world events. I keep getting encouraged with a few followers and likes here and there.
A nice benefit of sharing blogs is getting to know about people, and their world, that you would otherwise never even meet. I have now had contact with people from around the globe. My father was from Germany and it is nice to know a little more about modern life in Germany from Trina’s blog.
Thank you Trina, for your blog, and for this nomination.
There may still be some things that readers do not know about me, so here are seven:
- I have a broadcast and multi-media degree from Kent State University. I loved making video’s in college, but writing has always been my first love. There are so many animal video’s because they are entertaining segments, without editing. Editing video takes a lot of time. I have not developed my home editing skills, yet I am thinking about doing a video in the future. It will take awhile, I am not yet fully comfortable with WordPress.
- Shadow is now my constant companion. She climbs all over the desk and keyboard as I try to write, research, or read anything, or she is in my lap. Being black, Shadow is extremely hard to take a good picture off, but I am working on it.
- I am a very tactile person. I love fabrics and yarns of all times and enjoy the feminine arts: needlework, crochet, knitting, and sewing. I am not an expert in any of it, but I enjoy doing it all and appreciate the fine work of others.
- I love anything made by hand with skill and an artistic sensibility.
- I can’t spell. Thank you to whoever created spellcheck. I always have the dictionary handy. I am also a terrible typist, so I can sometimes blame that for mistakes, and I am slightly dyslexic, especially when tired. So how did I win a spelling award in the fifth grade?
- I long for city life. A neighborhood where I have a choice of where I can walk for meals, watch the people go by, have art, music and events close at hand. And some money to spend on it all would be nice also.
- I love the mountains, the shore, the coast, the plains; all of America from sea to shining sea. I can’t wait for hubby’s retirement in two years, so we can travel with our camper more than just on vacation and an occasional weekend.
Here are the rules for my nominees:
- Show the award on your blog. (Guess I better learn how do post mine.)
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Share seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 blogs.
- Link to your nominee’s blog and let them know.